About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: Deliciously Rich Banana Bread

Deliciously Rich Banana Bread - Donna Westover
This incredible banana bread recipe was submitted to a church recipe book I was in charge of compiling and it is now my go-to banana bread recipe. Sometimes I omit the bananas and add Ghirardelli Bittersweet chocolate chips for a dessert bread. Yum!

1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sour cream
2 medium bananas, sliced
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 x 5 loaf pan.

In large bowl, stir together melted butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well. Combine flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the butter mixture until smooth. Finally, fold in sour cream, nuts and bananas. Spread evenly into prepared pan.

Bake for 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center of loaf comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pan and remove to wire rack to cool completely.

For mini loaves, use 3 - 1 ¾ cup pans, fill with about ½ cup batter, preheat oven to 325 and bake for 35-45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment