About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Sweet Ham Sauce

For a long time, every time we have ham for a meal, I have made a sauce that is a variation on one my grandmother used to make. It is very simple and quick to make and adds a special zing to the ham. It is really sweet so a little goes a long way (unless you are my 7 year old, who will practically drink it straight out of the dish.)
We drizzle it on the sliced ham after it comes out of the oven. I have never tried to use it as a glaze while baking.
Enjoy!

Sweet Ham Sauce
Amy Whetten

5 TBSP salted butter
1/3 cup + 1 to 2 TBSP packed brown sugar
1/3 cup yellow mustard
2 TBSP pineapple juice


In small skillet or saucepan, on low heat, melt butter, then stir in brown sugar and pineapple juice until well combined.
Whisk in mustard and simmer until thickened (2-3 minutes).
Serve warm, drizzled over hot sliced ham and grilled (or warmed) pineapple.


Digital Scrapbook kit : Frosted; A Little Dreamer Designs creation by Michelle Coleman

Feel free to download the card by clicking the image and saving it to your computer. Please do not sell or mass produce the image (or recipe) for distribution and give credit where credit is due. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment