About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

ME? Are you sure?

I about fell off my chair when I saw that Laura of Hobbying Around had passed this along to me. Stylish is the last thing I associate with myself or my blog, so THANK YOU Laura! You made my day!

I honestly had a hard time finding 6 bloggers who I follow who did not have the award at some point. Apparently I love a lot of the same blogs as a lot of other people.



4 Bloggers who I enjoy (and as far as I know have not received the award) are, in no particular order :

Thomas Knauer Sews. I really enjoy his blog and his art posts of late have been fascinating. He also has a pretty cool collaboration project going on that you might want to join in on.

Linda at Stray Stitches. I love her blog because she has a variety of tidbits to share every day, and she just tells it like it is. Honest but positive. It's great!

Melanie at My Fifteen Minute Break. She is fun to read and shares some beautiful projects and fun ideas. I really connect with her posts. Wow that sounded generic, but dang it, it's true! I love Melanie!

Gene Black at Gene Black: An Alabama Artist. Gene is a talented artist and quilter, and has a great sense of humor. He has had some great tips for my quilting. I "met" him via the Layer Cake quilt along at Moose on the Porch Quilts. He designed the first block, which ended up being one of my favorites.

Carol at MamaCJT. Another talented artist. I love her fun whimsical style and she is funny! I laugh or smile, pretty much every post she puts up.

And Leila at Sewn by Leila. I connect with her quilting and her writing style as well. And it sure was fun watching the crazy quilt come together.


Now for the other part, 7 things about me. I could be somewhat lame and tell you to go to my About Me page. :) Or I could tell you that:

1- I like camping. But, it has to be for more than one night. It is too much work for just 24 hours.
2- I am not a native Texan. I was born in Utah, and lived there until I was about 19, when I moved to New Jersey to be a nanny. I have only lived in Utah, New Jersey and Texas, but have moved 18 times since I turned 18. (I think).
3- I don't like feet. They EW me out. Especially toenails. UGH!
4- I don't like to cook but I love to bake. (You might have noticed that Tasty Tuesday is heavy in the desserts.)
5- I like to ballroom dance but I only know a few basics from High School dance class. Also, I am a chicken when it comes to lifts and dips. Also, I am very uncoordinated, so watching me dance is either painful or hilarious.
6- I like old musicals. Singin' in the Rain, Thoroughly Modern Millie and The Unsinkable Mollie Brown are some favorites.
7- I have terrible handwriting. Even I can't read it sometimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment