About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A little treasure

I was reminded by this post on Make and Takes of something I made for the kiddos last year as a St. Patrick's day surprise.

I don't know where the original idea came from, but these were fast and easy. These are not durable, though, definitely disposable. The paint will scratch off. I was going for fast and cute and used what I had on hand. If you want long lasting, go for the Make and Take version.


I used plastic baby food cups, as we had a million and one on hand with an 8 month old running the household. You could use fruit/applesauce cups. I just used some craft paint to make them black. Then I put a sticker on some green paper, used my darling Stampin' Up! punch to punch it out, stuck it on a craft stick, filled the cup with Rolos and there you have a pot of gold for your little ones. I really like the Rainbow in the Make and Take version, so I may make some more permanent ones this year and then keep using them. I might also try to make the topper on the stick removable so the kids can wear them to school to avoid all those pinches!

You can use your leftover Rolos to make Caramel Pretzel Squares.

Ingredients:
Square bite sized pretzels
Rolos candies (or Hershey's Kisses or Hugs or any other chocolatey good treat)
M&Ms, pecans,or any other small edible that tastes fabulous with caramel &/or chocolate


Preheat your oven to 350
On a baking sheet lined with parchment or a non-stick mat, lay out as many square bite sized pretzels as you want to make.
Top each pretzel with one Rolo candy. Bake for 4-5 minutes, until the chocolate just starts to melt. Take them out of the oven and quickly place one M&M firmly in the center of each Rolo. Cool to set, then enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment