About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Feels

It felt like a blog post day. It has been ages since the last time and that was a re-post. We have had some serious ups and downs this year and writing has not been appealing to me. This is not a happy post but it is an honest one.


My sweet dad passed away in March and while I am dealing with it, I have days where I don't want to face anything or anyone. My depression has worsened over the last few weeks to the point where I will be calling my doctor this morning to see about anti-depressants and counseling. It is affecting my kids and my marriage.

I try to do things that make me happy, like sew and stamp and read, although the last one is probably not the best since I stay in bed and hide with my book. Doing those works okay when I get going. But then there is the stopping to deal with life. Taking my spouse to and from his bus, kids to and from school and activities, my own work and church responsibilities. It gets overwhelming pretty fast.
I find myself on the verge of tears frequently. Like right now.


1 comment:

  1. Just read this post. Wow. Been there and it's a hard place to be.
    I just am so impressed at your ability to own your own story with honesty. Beautiful.
    Esther

    ReplyDelete