About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Tasty Thursday: Auntie's Sugar Cookies


I am sharing this again because I am making these again for my kids for Valentine's Day. They are my very favorite Sugar Cookie (although Otis Spunkmeyer's Butter Sugar Cookies are a close second). This recipe is halved from the original (shared here) and I added vanilla and butter.

Here is a recipe card you can download.

 Amy’s Auntie’s Sugar CookiesFamous Mormon Recipes - Adapted by Amy W

3 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar


1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter (room temp.)
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs beaten
1 1/2 tsp vanilla


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
    Sift flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut in shortening and butter. Stir in sugar.
In a separate bowl, mix milk, eggs and vanilla. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture. (If dough is too dry, add milk 1 TBSP at a time.)
    Roll dough onto floured surface and cut out shapes (1/4” thick dough works best). Place on un-greased cookie sheet (or line a cookie sheet with parchment paper) and sprinkle with sugar, (omit this step if decorating with frosting). Bake 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
 *These bake up soft and light at 1/4" thick.
The thinner you roll them, the crispier they will be.


I use the Wilton's Buttercream Frosting Recipe when I frost these cookies.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment