About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tasty Tuesday: Baking Powder Drop Biscuits



Last week my sister posted on Facebook about her made-from-scratch biscuits and gravy. (She used to live in KY/TN). It had me craving biscuits.  And since I do the easy kind, (no rolling) it was not a big deal to satisfy that craving.  It is a basic recipe from Betty Crocker's New Cookbook.

Sunday after church I served them with Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup.

Baking Powder Drop Biscuits 
Betty Crocker’s New Cookbook 

2 cups AP flour 
2 TBSP sugar 
1 TBSP baking powder 
1 tsp salt 
½ cup shortening 
1 cup milk 

Heat oven to 450. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl. Cut in shortening using pastry blender until mixture looks like fine crumbs. Stir in milk just until everything is wet. Do not over mix. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet greased with shortening or lined with parchment. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.



Try! Devour! Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment