I tried paper piecing again! The pattern was at Amy's Creative Side as part of the Pillow Collective Blog Hop.
My pillow has no name and I am taking suggestions. :)
Here it is:
The back is envelope style and I did an overcast stitch along the edges inside to keep the unraveling to a minimum.
A couple of fabric choices I regret but I am not going to say which.
Bias edges in my blocks made for waviness and I had to look up how to put borders on correctly to fix it after 2 rounds of wavy borders. I was surprised at how changing how I put them on helped.
I used spray baste to quilt it and it caused me no end of grief. So many broken threads from gummed up needles! So, there is a lot less quilting on it than I had originally planned. I just couldn't take it anymore! :)
Making this pillow was good practice for a few skills and any project that turns out nice and allows for practice is a success.
See other pillows at Amy's Creative Side Pillow Collective link up HERE.
The Pillow Collective tutorial links are HERE.