About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Saturday, February 8, 2014

A pillow to be

I just started a cute little pillow to practice my applique skills a little more. It also happens that Amy Ellis is hosting the Pillow Collective so hopefully I will be able to finish it in time to enter.
 
I have my applique ready to stitch down and the words traced to embroider. (Another skill I am practicing.)


#pillowcollective
I have a feeling that the grass is going to be interesting to applique. I will have to practice my calming breathing techniques.



This was a pattern test, or rather a pattern proofread for Erin Schlosser's limited edition pattern for Quilt Market Fall 2013 ...

*Limited Edition* Welcome Gnome Pillow - Photo from http://store.schlosserdesigns.com
 ...and I thought it was a good fit to practice my applique.

Mine is not as colorful and scrappy as Erin's as I went with a more traditional Garden Gnome look.

I am not doing the rectangle pillow, instead I set it up for a square pillow. I am kind of regretting it now, since I think the rectangle will stay put on my couch better, but oh well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment