About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Thursday, January 23, 2014

The bag for me

You know I love the Zoe bag. I have made 4 of them now, and helped someone make a 5th. Somehow, the red bag didn't ever get posted here. (Made in June 2013!) It made an appearance on Flickr, but not here.
After using the aqua (green?) bag for a while, I wanted to add some more custom pockets. I found a red tablecloth at Target and used some fat quarters from my stash and went to town.






For fun, all the Zoe bags together:



For reference, the grey bag was made with shirting or suiting (not sure which), but it is very lightweight. Having seen it in use for months now, I needed to have used interfacing everywhere the grey fabric was used. It is very squished, especially the handle. The cotton bags hold up very well. I wash mine about every six weeks in cold water and line dry. Then lightly iron them, no steam. Then coat them with Scotchgard fabric protector. They still look great.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, love your Zoe bags! The punk and red is my favorite:) Pinning. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these. You have such talent. The pink and red is my favorite. Love all the pockets you added.

    ReplyDelete