I did a challenging pattern test this week. :)
This is the Lucy Hobo bag, designed by the very fun and awesome team at Clover and Violet.
They put out a call on Facebook to get help emergency testing the pattern. I think, the issue was that n ad came out before they were expecting it to and the pattern was not ready to put in the shop. I had a fairly low key week ahead and most of the supplies so I was happy to help out.
SOOO much work goes into writing patterns and the more I test the more respect I gain for those who produce them. It makes me even more adamant about not photocopying/email sharing purchased patterns around. Those pattern designers don't deserve that after all the work that goes into the pattern.
This pattern had a bunch of new to me techniques, such as an inset zipper pocket in the lining, a bound edge, a button loop, a side and bottom panel, curved corners, and pleats.
I cheated on the binding. It was supposed to be hand-stitched down, but instead I stitched in the ditch on the front, and since there was a fair amount of edge inside, I turned it back on itself, which hid my sloppy stitch in the ditch and topstitched the whole thing.
This bag is a little stiffer than the bag should be, since I had to use fusible fleece instead of interfacing and flannel. I had to use what I had on hand, not purchasing anything, and it was okay to substitute. It is supposed to be really "slouchy".
Thanks to Jennie at Clover and Violet for trusting me!