About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Monday, April 8, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Pinterest Reviews

I have been trying to use my Pinterest pins once in a while, so this week you get not one but two recipe reviews from my Pinterest Boards. One is originally from my "Breakfast Recipes to Try" Board but got moved, and the other one is from my "Desserts To Try" Board.

Crockpot Breakfast Casserole from All Kinds of Yumm







As you can see from the pin photo caption, this was not a hit. 5 out of 6 of us ate it. 1 out of 5 liked it.
I moved the pin to my "Pinned Recipes Tried - Just Okay". I have since wavered a little in my original decision to likely not try it again. I might try it again with bacon and a different style of hash brown. Maybe some onions. :) And probably on a camp-out in the dutch oven.

Kiss'n Cupcakes (these didn't have a name so I named 'em) from http://foodtalk.pinapic.co/?p=200






This one went over a little better. I mean, cupcakes? It's hard to ruin those.

I used a Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge cake mix and Hershey's Kisses.
I followed the very difficult directions of baking the cupcakes for 5 minutes then setting a Kiss (unwrapped of course) on top of the mostly raw batter, then finished the baking.

I served them warm. They cooled for 5 minutes tops. Probably not even that. The one I cut open to photograph was still exceedingly hot. :)







As you can see, the kiss held it's shape (no surprise to me, since they do that with Peanut Butter Blossoms.) One of the pins I saw for this described them as a "molten" center. It was not exactly "molten" as described in that particular pin, but they were very soft and warm. Definitely not the gooey fudgy type liquid I expect in a Molten Chocolate Cake.
This pin was accurate in that it does sink to the middle, though closer to the bottom and even all the way to the bottom and create a chocolate center. A soft chocolate kiss center. :)

I think overall they are a fun treat, and I will make them again. I am going to get the mini kisses though and sprinkle 3 or 4 on each one to spread the chocolate around a bit more.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. The cupcakes look and sound yummy! :D Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete