About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Trivet time

These blocks turned out too big to be a hot pad/potholder so I went with a trivet. :) I used 3 batting layers, regular, Insulbrite and regular. I quilted each block individually to a layer of regular batting, then quilted the Insulbrite to the back of the scrappy block. I put them right sides together, sewed the sides, leaving a gap for turning. Turned, pressed, topstitched to close the hole. Then did a little more quilting to secure the layers together.


 Block tutorial here: http://www.diaryofaquilter.com/2012/10/be-good-to-your-heart-quilt-block.html

This is a scrappy block using the scraps from the heart block. I made HSTs at the same time as sewing the corners on the heart. Then used some of them here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment