About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Roasted Peeps? Yes please!


http://www.marshmallowpeeps.com/product-detail/easter/original-peepssup-sup-marshmallow-chicks


Last night my husband and kids went to the beach for a cookout with their cousins. While I was at the store picking up the marshmallows to roast, I saw the enormous display of Peeps and thought, "Hey those are marshmallow...I wonder how they would roast?"

 I sent a text to my husband and he also thought it would be fun to try, so I bought four colors of Peeps chicks for them to roast over the coals. (I was hoping for some different color reactions to the heat. I don't think they noticed anything though.)

What they did notice was that they were delicious! Apparently the sugar coating caramelizes and contains the gooey goodness and tastes fabulous as well. They also said the centers seemed to cool a little faster. I don't know how true that is but it sounds nice! :)

I am going to give it a try over the stove today. I must taste them!

Let me know if you try this!
Happy Easter!

 

3 comments:

  1. We just roasted them over the fire a few days ago for the first time too. Great minds must think alike. They were delicious! The top was like a creme brule. However, you have to be careful taking them off. Syd accidentally touched the side of the peep, the one that has no sugar coating (where it used to be connected to a second peep) and gave herself a nice burn blister.

    ReplyDelete