About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Menu Plan: March Weeks 1 and 2

Here is my menu plan for the next 2 weeks. February showed that not planning too far in advance is good, but also having a plan for the whole month was good too.It sounds kind of odd but it's the truth.
There were days that filled up schedule-wise and the meal on the calendar was not going to happen, so I re-arranged meals, or made sandwiches or Ramen or we ate on the go. By the end of the month, there were meals that had not been used, though I did the shopping week by week, so nothing went bad or was wasted. We went over budget a little bit, but not nearly as bad as what has happened in the past.
The plan is the same for March, although for now, I have only planned 2 weeks of meals, as I have not had time to sit down and go through recipes to get the rest of the month. I only have 1 newbie this time, from the back of the Lipton Soup box, the Beef and Broccoli. I will post the recipe soon. Everything else is a familiar or tried and true recipe from my files.




March Dinner Menu – Week 1 and 2
Sunday
Hot dogs and baked beans
Monday
Spaghetti and garlic toast
Tuesday
Wednesday
Paul's Stroganoff
Thursday
Friday
Pizza
Saturday
Sunday
Shepherd’s pie
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Beef and Broccoli
Thursday
Creamy Chicken Lasagna
Friday
Pizza
Saturday
Sunday

Paul's Stroganoff

Brown:
1 lb beef
2 TBSP butter 
1/4 cup fresh onion- chopped.

Season with Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder.

Add:
2 cans Cream of Mushroom soup
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 TBSP Beef Bullion

Add milk to taste.
Simmer up to 1 hour on stove top.
When ready to serve, fold in 8 oz sour cream.
Serve over rice or noodles.




Shepherd’s Pie

Preheat oven to 350

1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion chopped
salt and pepper
2 cans green beans, drained
2 cans tomato soup


Mashed potatoes:
5-6 large potatoes, boiled and mashed

To mashed potatoes add:
1 egg
½ cup milk

Beat until fluffy.

Brown beef and onions, season to taste. Add drained beans and soup. Pour into square baking pan. Top with mashed potatoes and Bake 30 minutes.

Lipton Beef and Broccoli

1 TBSP Bertolli Olive Oil
1 lb sirloin steak, cut into 1 inch strips
1 package frozen broccoli florets thawed,
1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Mushroom Soup Mix
1 ¼ cups water
1 tbsp firmly packed brown sugar
1 tbsp soy sauce


In 12 inch skillet heat olive oil and brown steak, stirring occasionally, in two batches. Remove.

Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, 2 minutes.

Return steak to skillet; cook 1 minute or until steak is done. Serve with hot cooked rice.




 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the Beef and Broccoli recipe. I am going to try it. Just happen to have some steak and broccoli in my freezer . Bought the steak on sale.

    ReplyDelete