About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Friday, March 8, 2013

March Along: Week 1

 

 Darla at The Scientific Quilter is doing her March A-long again this year. I missed it last year, but decided to join in this year. I think it will help with my UFO goals. Basically you commit to sew or do something sewing related for 15 minutes every day. Pretty awesome!

The first week went well. I only missed Saturday, but I kind of made up for it I think, since I got in a couple of hour+ blocks of time during the week.
One thing specifically it has helped with was un-sewing the baby quilt. I started quilting it, got 2/3 finished and checked the back and found pleats. I couldn't leave it and the whole thing would have to be picked out. That was a daunting and discouraging task, but I am a fan of the theory that one can accomplish hard things if  you just do it in15 minute increments. Since the baby is here already, that deadline is past. Now I would just like to get it done before he moves from bassinet to crib.

I made a calendar to keep track of my sewing.

Projects worked on this week:

St. Patrick's Day Stay Put Kitchen Towel
Stay Put Kitchen Towel Tutorial

I made towels for my friend and the ladies I visit teach. I have a couple more to make. Better hurry  up!

Diaper Clutch
Diaper Clutch Tutorial

Diaper clutch and matching burp cloth
 I made the clutch and burp cloth with a dishtowel from Target that was on clearance and a fat quarter. I was hoarding the towel to make an apron. I got home from fabric buying and then I didn't care for the other fat quarter I chose to go with the pink check. Looking through my stash I spotted the towel and it looked so nice with the liner fabric that I went with it. The clutch turned out quite large. I am not sure why. I have made these before and never had any size issues. Maybe my seam allowance was smaller. She will be able to get lots of diapers in there! :)


 

3 comments:

  1. Cute projects! I love the stay put kitchen towel. The dog is forever knocking them down with her tail. You could do them for all seasons (and make matching pot holders!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a stay put towel! Now I need to find time to make one.
    ~June in AZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay put kitchen towel!? What a great idea! Love the diaper clutch too. I have some friends who could use that.

    ReplyDelete