About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Something new: Monthly Menu Plan

This month, in order to help avoid extra trips to the grocery store and stick to my budget, I planned out my dinner menu for the entire month. Some of you will be horrified at what I feed my family. :) One of my goals, though is to start using those pins from Pinterest to add to the variety, including vegetables. But for this month, there are just a couple of new additions.

I will be (hopefully) reviewing those new additions here as they come up in the month.
This month the newbies are Secret Ingredient Mac & Cheese, Baked Potato Soup, and a do-over of the Slow Cooker Sweet Chicken.

I am shopping in 2 week blocks, because I know that some nights things will change and a meal will get bumped  so it leaves me some flexibility in the second half of the month to make adjustments as needed.

Here is the plan.



February Dinner Menu – Week 1 &2
Friday
Little Caesars Pizza
Personal Pizzas
Saturday
Burgers & Fries
Spaghetti, Garlic Bread & Salad
Sunday
Chicken and Wild Rice Soup & Bread
Baked Potato Soup
Monday
Baked Ziti & Garlic bread
Leftovers
Tuesday
Leftovers
Beef Tacos
Wednesday
Chili & Cornbread
Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Thursday
Hawaiian Meatballs
Hot dogs or Leftovers




February Dinner Menu – Week 3 & 4
Friday
Little Caesars Pizza
Totinos
Saturday
SAHC Mac & Cheese
Leftovers
Sunday
Sweet & Sour Chicken & Fried Rice
Apricot Chicken & Chicken Rice
Monday
Sloppy Joes & Fries
Crock Pot Lasagna
Tuesday
Leftovers
Baked Potatoes
Wednesday
Chicken Pot Pie
Slow cooker Creamy Tacos
Thursday
Mexican Casserole
Creamy Chicken Lasagna


Friday we always have pizza and movie night. Some nights are more complicated, some are easy, some cheap, some expensive. Some of the meals have sides that are not on the list but they are on my menu calendar where I have notes for things, like on Chicken Broccoli Casserole night, make double the rice and freeze it for fried rice later on, the spaghetti sauce is in the freezer left over from the last time when I made way too much, and have peas and carrots with Apricot chicken. And when we have leftovers, if there were no veggies in the meal, then we have salad or steamed broccoli or something.

Today I made the menu, then pulled all the recipes from my books (or printed them) and put them in a little photo album in order they appear in the menu.



In the front cover I have The charts seen above.



In theory, every month I will repeat the process to stay organized and within my budget.
 :)


 

2 comments:

  1. Man Amy, you are my hero. I'm so impressed! This is exactly what I need to do, but I have put off for years. Are you going to share your daily recipes too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horrified? I'd like to come to your house to eat!!! I have to do a plan every week or else I am floundering every night at meal making time. Kudos to you for planning a whole month!

    ReplyDelete