About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Monday, January 14, 2013

Hi!

Just popping in to say I am still here. I have been dealing with a nasty cold and have not had the motivation to blog. I have a lot to share from over the break up to now, but I am going to try and get them done later this week.


 Something for you to look at, just so the post is not totally lame. I was asked to help the Young Women (girls in our church ages 12-18) sew a little project to hold their Personal Progress and For the Strength of Youth books. The leader sent me a couple of links and I used this one found at Oh Baby Redding. I made up a sample yesterday to see how long it would take, since I was home from church (not sharing my cold germs. Nice of me, yes?)

It was very easy and the girls should all be able to do it. I just need to find a few ladies willing to share their time and sewing machines to help the girls. I am just working with the Beehives (12 and 13 year-olds) so it will be a small group of about 10. The activity is not until February so I have some time to plan.
Today I am cutting fabric for a new gift quilt that I can't share until it is gifted. I am attempting a disappearing 9 patch. I hope it works well. I am a little nervous about it.

The last thing I want to mention is that while I am not joining any online finish-alongs, or UFO type things (at least not right now) I am doing a challenge with my mother in law, mom and 2 sisters to see what we can get done that has been languishing in the UFO pile. I got a fair amount done while at my mom's over the break and I will share that later. This list shows the state things were in yesterday when I looked through my storage.

Here is my list:

We are going to have some incentives for completions and progress and it should be fun.

That is all for now. I hope you all have a great day and I will try to get back here soon!

 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a lot on your list. Sounds like fun to have a family challenge, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get to feeling 100%!!!
    Cute little book holders. What a great activity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete