About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Homemade Cranberry Sauce

A friend of mine, who loves cooking, has a new blog, The Stay At Home Chef. She has already posted several great sounding recipes and as a bonus, she includes cooking tips a the bottom of each post. I have already learned a few new things. Such as, you don't just dump the bag of cranberries into a pot and cook them. Kind of like dried beans, there is the prep work of rinsing and sorting.

 My kids have always loved eating the jellied cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving, so I never really made any attempt at making my own. This year, though I had to try Rachel's sauce after hearing her talk about how 2 gallons of it disappeared at a church function.

I served both and the only reason the jellied stuff was touched at all was because I was teasing my kids about how much they loved it in the past.

Everyone, including me, the non-cranberry sauce person, thought it was delicious. I did not use the jalapenos in mine, but I imagine that it is pretty darn tasty too.

Here is the link for the sauce recipe, Jalapeno Cranberry Sauce,  and I hope that you will take a minute to peruse her site and leave a comment (and let her know I sent you.)


I am linking up at Debbie's blog, A Quilter's Table Tuesday at the Table feature.




 

4 comments:

  1. mmm. I would love this, I'm sure! Good for you for trying it! *now you know!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story - and yea for you for trying something new. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy...sure it tastes yummy too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum!!! I almost blogged about cranberries too. I LOVE them! I'll have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete