About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

5 Little Pumpkins block

Melissa at Happy Quilting  designed a really fun block for the Glorious Autumn Block Party hosted by Quilting Gallery last week. Of course I had to make one for Littlest Miss.

Here is Melissa's block:
http://happyquiltingmelissa.blogspot.ca/2012/10/5-little-pumpkins-glorious-autumn-block.html. Melissa's block and the book that inspired it.
 Here is my block:






I changed this block to use the fabrics I had on hand. I did not have enough "sky" fabric so I took the "ground" up behind the fence to fill in. I also only had black so I did a night version and added a moon with applique. I attached mine with hook and loop tape since my machine is a bear to make buttonholes with. I also added elastic loops (too short though) for rolling up for storage. I didn't bind, but sewed right sides together then turned. I used fusible fleece rather than batting for the quilting and for the pumpkins to make it a little easier.








2 comments: