About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Quilt Along Blocks and goodies

I actually got my blocks done for the Beginner's Quilt Along done before the new block was posted this week! Yay! Miss K is potty training which for now means we stay home all day for at least a week. She watched Finding Nemo today so I worked on my blocks. I am terrible at quarter square triangles. They were fine until I had to square them up. You can tell, especially in the bright block, bottom right, that at most of them are squared wrong. But this is about learning so I am okay with it. I will need to practice these though.

BQA 11

BQA 11B

In other news, I got to meet Julie Herman on Saturday at her book signing at Quilt In A Day quilt shop in San Marcos. I completely forgot to take a photo with her. She is very nice and I wish I had not been so distracted by my little one running around the store so I could have taken more time to chat. There were not a lot of people there to attend the signing, but plenty of people shopping. They had a back room where you could buy fabric by the pound! I got a little less than a pound and spent about $10.00 on it. The yellow is about 1/2 a yard (it has a seam in it), the blue with red dots (Michael Miller is about 3/4 yard, the white with blue and red dots (also Michael Miller) is just a bit over a yard and the batik is a little bigger than a fat quarter. The alphabet fat quarter is the one Miss K chose for me to make something for her.


I am really excited about the book. It has great patterns in it and the instructions seem really well written. We shall see when I have to actually use them, but it looks promising.
I also signed up to do the Fat Quarter Shop's Designer Mystery Block of the Month. I got 3 blocks at once since it started in June, which hit my "Mad Money" rather hard, especially with my quilt shop visit this weekend. Now I have some number crunching to do. :)

I hope you all have a creative and great day!

 

3 comments:

  1. Blocks look wonderful....nice to meet Julie and have fun shopping all at the same time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job on the blocks and good score on the fabric! i should sew more but i just don't make time for it. would love to make a quilt one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those Michael Miller red and aqua prints. Can't wait to see what you make with them!

    ReplyDelete