About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Monday, August 6, 2012

Crayon coloring folio rounds 1-4

So, I told you all that I was working on creating a crayon/notebook holder for a toddler birthday and still had some tweaking to do. Well, I got it done and it works for the most part. Littlest Miss took the round 3 trial one to church and it kept her occupied for quite a while.
She had a little trouble getting crayons back in those snug pockets. And, the crayon side curls up and looks quite unattractive. So, I just have one or two adjustments to make to the pattern.
1 - to get the crayon area to lay flat
2- Make it easier to get crayons in and out.

 I have some ideas, such as make the crayon pockets a little larger (which means the whole thing will have to be larger) and/or insert a piece of cardboard or the like in a pocket behind the crayons. I may also need to use a stiffer interfacing. Anyway, I got one done for the birthday party and gave it to her even though I wasn't entirely happy with the end result. It fit perfectly in the little bag I made though!





See the curling action? :P




Not terribly attractive, but it works.



And of course, today on The Crafting Chicks Blog they posted something similar that would have been great to have a week ago! LOL. I made mine for the larger crayons and smaller notebook, but still... :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment