About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday: 07-25-12

Check out the inspiration at the Freshly Pieced link up!

It is Wednesday, and I had fully intended to take stock of my WIPs/UFOs and get a nice little chart up.

That didn't happen.

But, I did get quite a bit of sewing time over the last week, most of it Monday and Tuesday during nap time.

I still have not touched the Hot Wheels mess quilt.
Instead I let my creative juices flow in a softer, gentler direction using 1 1/2 mini Aviary honey buns (by 3 Sisters for Moda) in a little quilty experiment.

Here is the progress as of about 4:30 Tuesday afternoon.

 I spent most of Monday afternoon sewing all the strips together and then ripping out all the seams later that evening, as I had sewn every gosh darn one of them the wrong direction. :) I also seam ripped a nice hole into my foot. That was fun. :P I also had to rip a seam in block 6 re-do (shown below) because it did not line up well at all.
 A side note:
     Have you seen Endgame? Oh I love that show. That is what kept me and my husband entertained while I ripped seams.

On Monday I also I made 3 blocks for the Beginner's Quilt Along. I was getting tired of the purple fabric so I decided to cut into my cute new fat quarters to create block 7. 7B actually, as I also made block 7 in the purple. I can't bring myself to wholly abandon the purple quilt yet. :) I also re-made block 6 without the yellow fabric. I accidentally reversed the fabrics when I cut, but it turned out, I think, better than the planned arrangement.

Block 7B


Block 7
Block 6 with yellow

Block 6 re-do






I am also continuing to work on my blocks for the Picture Perfect Polaroid block swap. I have 2 sides sewn on all the centers. I think I have about 40 to send in.



My other major Work In Progress is my effort to complete the Ease into 5K program. I have made it 5 weeks and lost between 5-6 pounds. We (my daughter and I) did our longest run Tuesday which was a 9 minute stretch. I never thought I would be able to run for 1 minute so 9 seems HUGE! :)


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!



 

9 comments:

  1. Your BQA blocks look great. I'm dong that Quilt Along as well.

    I'm also getting ready to run a 5K by doing Couch to 5K. I just started week 4 yesterday. I don't know if I've lost any weight yet, but I feel much better running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much accomplished! I am working on a 5K program too, though I'm only on week 2. I used to run in high school, so it's nice (and more difficult than I expected) to get back into it. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colleen and Melissa!
      I have never been a runner and even now at 5 weeks I am not sure how much I like it. But I am getting exercise and there is a tangible goal so it works for now. :) My sister in Utah is doing it "with" me and my daughter. She likes it more than I do. I weigh in after every run and really every morning before I shower, since that is one of the reasons I started the program. Since healthy sustainable weight loss is average about 1 pound a week, I am right on target. :) I have a friend helping with nutrition and stuff a little bit too. I use LoseIt.com to track my calories.

      Good luck to you too! You will have to check back and tell me when/if you do your 5K. I will likely post mine here but it probably wont be until spring.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Very nice blocks, and the Polaroid block swap is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the purple, can't wait to see the finished polaroids (aren't they FUN?), and congrats on the weight loss and fitness progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, looks like you have the makings of some incredibly beautiful quilts! I love the soft colors and traditional prints of the fabrics in the first shot, and love the way you added the gold fabric to complement the lavender fabric in Block 6.

    Jenn/Rook No. 17

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the blocks.
    I just completed my first one for the sampler at the quilt shop. I look forward to learning a new technique each month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you running for 9 minutes! You are inspiring! Also, I love block 7b - the colors are stunning. Your purple quilt is coming along nicely too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can still remember the first time I ran a full 20 minutes. I was so excited! I had never run in my prior life and I have been running for 5 years. Keep up the great work in both!

    ReplyDelete