About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Picnic Treats


Tomorrow (July 4th/U.S.Independence Day), we will be joining a few other families for a picnic and some ultimate Frisbee at a local park. My food assignment was drinks and dessert. I took the easy route with drinks and bought juice boxes and water bottles. Dessert will be a little bit more festive. I made Star shaped cookie pops. I know that I could have fancied them up a bit as I know how to do piped icing and flow icing. We made cookie bouquets a while back that were really cute and fun...



 ...but with 40 cookies to do, I opted for the smear and sprinkle approach. :) My darling husband made me a very cool carrier for them, after deciding that spending $10 on a piece of floral foam that would get thrown away after the picnic was just plain dumb.
Instead, we bought a piece of wood from Home Depot, and he spent an hour or 2 drilling holes. Then I just put the pop-sticks in and we are all set. No smooshed icing and it's re-usable.



 The cookies are Auntie's Sugar Cookies and I just made them about 1/2 inch thick and gently pushed in the Wilton's Cookie Treat Sticks (I got mine at Michael's for $1.99 for 20) about 1/2 inch up into the cookie dough and baked them on parchment paper. It took 2 batches of the smaller batch of dough to get 40 cookie pops plus a dozen extra cookies. I would have made the large batch of dough, but it tends to work its way out of my mixer. :)
They are frosted with Wilton's Buttercream Icing and decorated with Wilton's Red Sugar and Blue Sugar sprinkles. (I should be getting paid for my Wilton commercial! Ha ha!)

 I am linking up at Tuesday at the Table.



 

 

1 comment:

  1. oh those are so great for the Fourth! And you're off to play Ultimate tomorrow? My adult son loves Ultimate and plays on an adult team as well as coaches a HS team - fun! Hope you have a great day & thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete