About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Monday, July 30, 2012

Another Fat Quarter bag

The other day, Amy, at Diary of Quilter posted a bag tutorial that I thought would be fun to make for one of Littlest Miss' friends who is having a birthday this weekend. I was planning on making a drawstring bag, but decided to try something new. I had some fabric in my stash from Michael's back in Texas that I thought would work well.
The directions were good and other than needing to shorten the handle to fit a toddler, it came together quickly and with no trouble.  I did put the ribbon on before I sewed the bag together. I couldn't tell from the photos when she put hers on, and that made sense to me so that is what I did.

But, after the modeling session, when I was putting the crayon pack and notepad in that I am including, I noticed that the opening of the bag was very small. Only about 5 inches across. Not so great if little hands want to get the notebook and crayons, or toys, in and out easily. So I took apart the seams and put the handle on the inside and pinched the sides to the handle and sewed them down. It lost the cute pleat on the outside, but added a couple of inches to the opening










The finished (altered) tote.
I have tentative plans to make a matching crayon roll, but we shall see how much time/motivation I have this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment