About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Set Cherry Salad

Susan of The History Quilter made a cool rainbow jello salad last week, which reminded me that it has been too long since I have made my favorite Cherry Jell-O Salad. I made it Friday night for dessert. It makes about 9 servings and now that I am counting calories, I will share my approximate guess that each serving is about 200 calories. (It's the pie filling that sends the calorie count up.) Personally, I leave off the nuts.






 Set Cherry Salad Pg. 24 of Our Favorite Recipes compiled by Spanish Fork, Utah 18th Ward Relief Society (1989). Submitted by Julie Jenkins - Additional Instructions by Amy Whetten

Salad
2 small packages Cherry Jell-O
3 cups hot water
1 can cherry pie filling
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp almond flavoring
Topping
12 large marshmallows
3 oz. cream cheese
1 cup whipping cream
½ cup chopped pecans

    
Dissolve Jell-O powder in hot water. Add salt, almond extract and pie filling. Place in an 8x8 inch pan. Chill until set.
When the salad has set, melt marshmallows on the lowest heat on the stove, stirring frequently. When the marshmallows are nearly all melted, in a microwave safe bowl, warm cream cheese for 10 seconds, and then stir vigorously. Microwave for another 10 seconds and stir again until no lumps are left. Add marshmallows in to the bowl of cream cheese and mix until smooth. Cool.  
Whip the cream and add the cooled marshmallow mixture. Spread over Jell-O and sprinkle with nuts.



 



No comments:

Post a Comment