About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Friday, June 15, 2012

June 2012 Friday Night Sew In


Friday Night Sew In almost snuck right by me! But I caught it. :)

I worked on and completed block 2 of Quilting Gallery's Beginners Quilt Along







Blocks 1 and 2



I did some fabric playing before I began and found that most of these purple fabrics I was going to use are very similar in tone. Hmmm...



In other news, I have noticed this week that I don't handle change well. Having all the kids home all day every day has been hard. Maybe it is the combination of the other changes (Running and change in diet) and then having them around all day that is affecting me. I have been super grumpy and super unproductive. And not just in sewing, although that is most certainly affected. Just doing my normal chores is a struggle. I get to dinner time and think what did I accomplish today? Not much.
I hope things settle out soon. :P
Good news on the home front though, our Texas house is under contract! That will be such a huge relief to be out from under the burden of keeping 2 houses.

Have a great weekend!






 

3 comments:

  1. I hope you guys get settled into a good summer rhythm. And remember, your kids still being in one piece at dinner time is a pretty good accomplishment. :-)
    I am SOOOOOO excited to hear about your house being under contract. Just the thought of trying to pay for two places to live gives me an anxiety attack so I empathize.
    Thanks for the inspiration to keep on going with my projects. It's so fun to see what you're doing, especially with Marinda's costume you made. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Block 2 looks great - just as perfect as Block 1. I'm going to be in your shoes Monday - weird to have them home. Good luck getting into the summer grove. Super awesome about your house being under contract (Assume that means in Escrow as we call it here in CA) - hopefully you'll have that worry behind you very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good news about the house!
    Nice to see your blocks. Was debating joining this quilt along...But I probably don't need another project. Although...it would cut into my stash ;)

    ReplyDelete