About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Friday, June 8, 2012

Beginner's Quilt Along

This week I started a new Quilt Along. This one is hosted by Michelle at Quilting Gallery and Pat Sloan. I like doing these as one block is usually doable in the time I have during the day, now that my kids are out of school. I really ought to work on the Skill Builder QA too as I only did 2 blocks in the whole series. But, I felt like a fresh start was good so that is the plan. I will still be working on binding the 2 quilts on my list and working on the Hot Wheels quilt.

Beginner’s Quilt-Along

The first block is a simple 9 patch. I am using my small collection of purple fat quarters and some white on white as a background fabric. I made this in between changing the laundry, and cleaning my kids' bathroom while they were at the park for an hour. Sew a little, chore a little, sew a little, chore a little. :)



 I also did my first day of Couch to 5k Thursday morning with my kids and got my sister to do it with me so I have someone to be accountable to. (I am pre-writing this post so hopefully I have done day 2 as well) I am using 2 apps to aid me. The first is called Ease into 5k to cue me while I am out and the other is Lose It! (http://www.loseit.com) to help me track what I eat/calories.




 

1 comment:

  1. A new QAL and Couch to 5K - wow! The points on your 9 patch look perfect. Great things for you! What's is especially fun is that you are doing it with your kids and sister...let's see you should be on Day 3 by now. :)

    ReplyDelete