About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Costume Complete

Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced. Go check it out!


This week has been entirely consumed with making the Renaissance costume for my daughter. I finished the last piece, the vest, last night.



Here is the shift (Shirt). That was a huge learning curve.


The skirts with the shift.



And the whole costume.




SOOO glad to have that off my to-do list. I think it would have been a more enjoyable process with a little more time to work on it. It was a little rushed to really do it right. I was happy to be able to do something like this for my daughter though, stress aside. :)

And here is a little WIP/UFO update.

I took some time this morning to look at my old chart listing my projects and doing some updating. I think there are a few things missing, so I have some more work to do on it. I am feeling a need to get organized. Moving threw a lot of things into chaos and there are still parts of life that need to be sorted and recovered.

I want to get some work done on the Hot Wheels quilt, bind my 3 quilts that are quilted and start my Come What May. Those are at the top of the list for the next few weeks.



Project
Due
Designed
Started
Pieced
Bordered
Back
Basted
Embellished
Quilted
Bound
Bliss
N/A

Yes
Done

FP

N/A


Cherry
N/A
Yes
Yes
Done
Done
Done

N/A
Done

Spur
N/A
Yes
Yes
Done
Done
Done
Done
N/A
Done

Sherbet
N/A

Yes
Done
Done
Done

N/A
Done

Tree skirt
Mid Dec.
Yes
Yes







Advent Calendar
Nov 30
Yes
Yes







Hot wheels
N/A









Vacation 2010
N/A









Southwest
N/A









Teal and Brown
N/A

Yes
Done
Done
Done
Done
N/A


Neutral Mediterranean
N/A
Yes
Yes
In progress






Mckenzie










Lavender










Repro Wedding ring










Come What May










Supernova










T-shirt










Sliced Coins



Done

FP
















































4 comments:

  1. That chart is positively inspired! And so useful for seeing where you're at!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vest is perfect! Her whole ensemble looks so authentic - hope she was happy with how talented her mother is. :) Very nice chart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you're organized! A spreadsheet...I love it! Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind comment. Your daughter's costume looks awesome. I have a fantasy about one day making myself a Georgian era empire line dress - just to pop on at home when no-one is looking ;-)

    ReplyDelete