I chose the pattern out of my untouched pattern stash. I am accepting the fact that I am not a designer. :) Not that I did not tweak this one to fit my needs.
I started with Lock Up by Crafty Gemini. I did not have near enough of the flame fabric (fat quarter!) to make the whole quilt, which would have been very cool, so I made 4 of the blocks, turning them the way I wanted them. Then I added the borders in the black and grey fabric to up the size a bit. I have plans for a couple more borders but I need to think and do some math (ugh) before I move forward.
|As you can see, this is not actual "Hot Wheels" fabric, but when a 5 year old who loves Hot Wheels sees this fabric while shopping with mom, there is no convincing him otherwise. I looked and looked for more of the flames, but had no luck.|
Freshly Pieced is always fantastic! Go check it out!