About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Baked Sweet Potato Sticks and a new recipe

I had originally scheduled this post with just the Sweet Potato sticks, but last night I tried a new recipe, so I am adding it in.
I saw the recipe posted on Facebook and thought it sounded like a good idea for dinner, since I had yet to plan our menu for the week.
The recipe is Mexican Casserole. The only change I made was that I only used 1 pound of ground beef, for budget reasons.
 Click here for the recipe.
My family all liked it except Littlest Miss (big shocker).

And now, the Sweet Potato Sticks

This is a delicious recipe I made quite a while ago, but never got posted. My mom was interested in the recipe so I am sharing it now. I really need to make these again. So yummy!

Baked Sweet Potato SticksWeight Watchers Quick Meals Cookbook

2TBSP frozen Orange Juice – Thawed
1 tsp onion powder
½ tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground red pepper
1 pound sweet potatoes, pared and cut into ½” sticks
1. Preheat oven to 450. Line baking sheet with foil; spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In medium bowl, combine orange juice concentrate, onion powder, salt and red pepper. Add potato sticks; turn to coat.
      3. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes; turn carefully.
      4. Bake 10 minutes longer, until tender.


Linking to Tuesday at the Table at A Quilters Table.




Festival Digital Scrap kit By Shabby Princess


1 comment:

  1. oh my - I think I've tried this! (sweet potatoes) And the Mexican casserole sounds good - and easy! Thanks for sharing and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete