About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A quick quilt

Sunday, we were told of a little girl, a member of our ward (congregation) who had just had major surgery on her head. She is 3, about the same age as Littlest Miss. The surgery was apparently very scary, did not go well, but ended well. She is out of ICU. She is having big screws put into her skull. Her mom had intended to alter a Cabbage Patch doll to have screws in its head to give her some understanding about what was happening with her own head. Her mom ran out of time, so one of the ladies in the ward offered to take care of it. I decided to help out too and make a little doll quilt to send with the doll. I completed the top last night and it turned out a tad bigger than intended. But, I think it still qualifies as a doll quilt.





I now have to dig through my batting scraps to see if I can find a piece or pieces big enough to make it into a quilt by the end of the day. Wish me luck!

Also on the agenda today is to prepare a make and take mini scrapbook page for 30 women to make on Wednesday night. :) Gonna be a full day.



 

4 comments:

  1. You're such a sweetheart. I am sure this doll quilt will be loved and cherished. And think of the blessings you get for your service :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! I hope the little girl enjoys it and has a very quick and complete recovery. And I know I don't comment very often, but I have so much fun reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful thing to do for this little girl. I pray that all will go well.

    ReplyDelete