ANYWAY... I downloaded and printed the new doc, put Littlest Miss down for a nap and got busy.
I had a few bumps along the way, like slicing off a corner somehow, or maybe I missed it when I was checking seam allowances.
And I also kept laying my fabric on wrong so I would get nothing left when I trimmed.
But eventually, after deciding to use the same size squares for all the pieces to make sure what I was doing was covered, I made 4 blocks.
|Block that is ready for a trim.|
|Still not very precise. :P|
I don't know if this is something I will use often if at all. It was okay, but it requires a lot of thinking and going to the window and back, and I did not really enjoy the process like I do with piecing.
There is also a lot of waste.
It might be that I just need to practice and get used to the process. I have 3 more blocks I want to try, and then I will have a better idea of how I really truly feel about paper piecing.
I am trying new things and sharing them at: