About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Friday, April 6, 2012

Rocky and Bullwinkle done!





I am finally getting to link up to TNT Thursday because I finally created and free motion quilted a lap size quilt all by my lonesome.



I finished everything but the quilt label last night! It took until midnight to bind it. I ended up having to go get binding fabric, because I forgot that I had used the last of my grey fabric to make the back for the table topper that never got finished. I also picked up potential binding fabrics for the Cherry Sweet Road to Ireland that has been patiently waiting to be bound.

And now for the pictures...

It went from this:




 to this:

 



to this:



 I put in some hidden messages in the sashing with Free Motion Quilting.

Quilting says "Papa"

Quilting says "Love you!"

Quilting says "Love Amy"

Quilting says "Paul"

Quilting says "Dad"


Quilting done and ready to trim

Using repetition in pattern and color.

Using repetition in pattern and color to tie in to the border quilting.

Quilting around the images with squiggly free motion quilting.

Quilting around the images with squiggly free motion quilting.

The quilting on the back.

Finally done! 12:08 am 04 06 12

Back and binding


Finished!




Also, today I received the Liebster Award from Emily at Insanity Rules. Thanks Emily! I have had this award before, so I am going to pass on passing it on for now. I guess maybe I should have kept the little image on my sidebar. Here is my Liebster Award Blog post.


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! How cool that you put those hidden messages in the quilt! I haven't tried making free motion words yet - was it hard?
    I'm sure the quilt will be well loved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harriet, I received my great gift from you and I love it! So sorry it has taken me so long to let you know...I blogged about it this morning...so check it out. Love your Rocky and Bullwinkle quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks awesome!! Way to go!!! I love the hidden free motion quilting. (And you know you can link up to TNT for anything you try, even if it is just a new pattern, it doesn't have to be big at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome finish! I love your quilting on this.

    ReplyDelete