About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

WIP Wednesday: March

The only thing I have been working on is the Rocky and Bullwinkle quilt. It has been rough going. Limited resources and limited fabrics have made for a frustrating design experience. I even begged for help from my fellow bloggers. :) Thanks for the help by the way!

I could not bring myslef to piece any of these options together. In the end, I went and bought some flannel on sale at JoAnns for backing and used the backing fabric as sashing to break up the crazy.
Now I just need to add some length so my 6 foot plus tall Dad won't laugh hysterically at his doll sized lap quilt. :)





I am not actually sure I have the fabric to do the last one. It was sort of a last ditch option.
Sorry about the cruddy photos. I still have not found the missing battery charger for my camera. I think Littlest Miss may have absconded with it. :) I had to take these with my phone and did not realize until just now that my settings are set back to low res.

I also finished up my Pay it Forward Handmade items and mailed them off.
One package was delivered already and the other should be arriving today if USPS tracking is correct. :)

I will share pictures of the little gifts as soon as I know my recipient has seen them.

Today I have to repair some pajamas and put scout patches on a new shirt.

Also, my oldest is in the San Diego County Spelling Bee today and I am stuck at home due to scheduling and transport issues so I don't get to watch her. Hopefully my husband will remember to keep me in the loop via text message. :)

Have a good one and head over to Lee's to see some WIP goodness!



One more thing. There is a wonderful opportunity to recognize some awesome quilty people, places and things at SewCalGal who is hosting the 2012 Golden Quilter Awards. GO VOTE!


2 comments:

  1. I like it with the sashing! Good choice.

    I am sad for you that you can't make it to her spelling bee - I'm sure she will do great and make you proud! :D

    Your pay it forward was so nice! Do you mind if I post a blog post about it also? I want to share how cool my stuff was and how perfect it was! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice.....there is always something to do..

    ReplyDelete