About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Friday, March 30, 2012

Phew! I did it.

I shook myself out of my Benadryl stupor this morning and got to work finishing the Rocky and Bullwinkle quilt top for my Dad. I was briefly interrupted when my darling husband whisked me off to a lunch date at Rubio's where I tried their fish taco. It was pretty good! But I digress.

The scrappy (just accidentally typed crappy :p) border worked out fine with just a few tweaks needed. I had just enough flannel to fit, although I am having to piece my batting. I am going to whip-stitch that tonight while my hubby and I watch Remington Steele (Season 3) and then tomorrow I hope to quilt it between sessions of General Conference.


Here is the quilt top:


I am pretty happy with how it turned out.


And just for kicks, this is how to make your cutting mat into a multi-tasking tool. :) I worked on this insane jigsaw puzzle while we watched Johnny English Reborn last night.


And when it got too late to finish, I just slid it under the couch and my 2 year old is none the wiser! :)

Of course, it will be a little problem if I need to cut fabric.




Come listen to living prophets

3 comments:

  1. YAY! Your quilt turned out amazing! I love how it all came together!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt! It turned out so nice!
    Glad you had a lunch date - those are always fun :D

    ReplyDelete