About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

New Fabric

Have you seen Good Fortune?

Image from http://stores.burgundybuttons.com/-strse-4324/Good-Fortune-Fat-Quarter/Detail.bok
(Click here for the pdf to see the whole line) 

It is a fairly new fabric line from Kate Spain for Moda. I stumbled across it while perusing Burgundy Buttons for fabric to make the Come What May quilt by Julie Herman of Jaybird Quilts. I am hoping to take her class in May, so I am collecting what I need over the next few months to ease the hit on the budget.
Good Fortune has a fresh color palette for me to try. I am usually drawn to the coral/orange and yellow colors that are in this line, but in the spirit of trying new things, I chose to keep with just the purples and blues. I might have added some green too, but I don't remember.
When my fabric arrives I will post pictures of what I chose. I hadn't planned on sticking with one line for this quilt, but online shopping makes mixing and matching hard. I think I will be happy with my choices though.





I liked my shopping experience on Burgundy Buttons. There prices are really good, and their selection was great. I loved that most all of the fabrics I clicked on had a link to the pdf of the whole line.
I just got notified via email that my order has shipped. Can't wait to see it in person!


*(This was not a paid or solicited post for anyone mentioned here. I just wanted to share.)

No comments:

Post a Comment