I have had on my to-do list, some little zippy bags for gifts. I finally got around to doing a couple.
Yesterday I remembered I had 2 little rolls of 1 1/2 inch Aviary by 3 Sisters for Moda. I got a pattern from the Moda Bake Shop, The Strippy Charm Pouch by Kim Sherrod that I have been wanting to try for a while.
The pattern calls for cutting charm squares into 5"x 1 3/4" strips, so I just used 10 strips instead of 7 and trimmed it down to the right size. It worked fine. I had some large scraps left over from a quilt my daughter made that I used for the lining, bottom and handles.
I finished this one at about 11:45 last night. I have one more ready to assemble today and then I can get them in the mail.
I had a little bit of trouble with the interfacing. I don't know what the problem is exactly, except with my old iron, I never had any trouble getting it to fuse, but with my new iron I can not get it to fuse everywhere. I need to find the ironing mat I have to see if it will help.
Have a great day!