About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Thursday, March 8, 2012

It came!


This picture does not really do this fabric justice. The light is terrible. :P
This is Good Fortune by Kate Spain for Moda (at least it is some of the line). I ordered it from  Burgundy Buttons.

I love them in person as much as I did on the computer screen. The bamboo is WAY lighter than I expected so I am glad I got the dark floral to use as an alternate. The ones with the orangey/coral will probably not be used in this quilt.
I don't know if I can wait for May to cut into this. Especially since I spent some of next month's fabric allowance, that was earmarked for class fees on fat quarters for my Dad's quilt today.
Since I was in the area this morning, I started the 2012 San Diego Cruisin' Quilters Quilt Run at Quilt in a Day in San Marcos. I won a pattern while I was there. I really should not have spent money, but I was short on fabric for my Dad's birthday present so I did. And now I don't think I will have enough left in my budget for the class fee. I have been SOOO good with my mad money saving to make this quilt and take this class. I have total buyers remorse for the purchases today, even if it is for my Dad.
But there is nothing to be done about it now, so I will move on and work on my quilts.

Ah, I love that fabric!






No comments:

Post a Comment