About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Girl's Night Out

Friday night was girls night out, or in actually as we all gathered at a friend's house for an St. Patty's themed movie night. The plan was to watch Brigadoon and I made some green treats to share.
I was going to bring a large version of my pot of gold, but in the end decided for something even more delicious, Carmel Pretzel Bites made with Rolo candies and M&Ms.

Carmel Pretzel Bites

Ingredients:

Square, bite sized pretzels
Rolo Chocolate Carmel candies
M&M candies
Pecans


Preheat oven to 250
Unwrap a bag of Rolo candies.
Line a baking sheet with parchment, foil or Silpat.
Lay out square pretzels on the cookie sheet.
Put a Rolo on each one.








Put in the oven for about 4 minutes or just until the Rolo are soft.  You will probably have to sacrifice one and press on it to see how soft they are. Take them out of the oven and press an M&M or pecan into the top of the Rolo. Let cool completely before serving.


Of course I took all the green M&M's out of the bag to use in mine.

The other treat I made was green cookies that I found on Pinterest. (I finally jumped in and joined.)
They were surprisingly tasty, although they seemed a little salty. That may have been because I used salted butter and didn't take that into account. Or it may have been the Jell-o messing with my taste buds.
They are St. Patrick's Day Jell-o Cookies.

Here is a picture of mine. I didn't have cute sprinkles, or good lighting. ;)

Here is the Pin.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your green treats look fabulous - the rolo and m&m ones look especially yum!

    ReplyDelete