About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dreamy Peach Pie

This is a Pampered Chef Recipe that I have used for quite a while. Last night we were invited to a Pi Night as it was 3/14. Everyone was supposed to bring pie to share. My pie recipe list is limited so I pulled out this easy but tasty recipe. It tastes best with fresh peaches of course, but I can't pick a good peach to save my life, nor could I find any that were reasonably priced, so I went with canned. I tried frozen once, but they just turned to mush when I went to put them in the pie. They tasted fine, still peachy, just not really bite-able if you know what I mean.

 The original recipe calls for whipped topping, an 8 oz. tub, but I have been trying not to eat that chemical concoction anymore, even though it is WAY cheaper than whipping cream. If you make this, feel free to use either one.  I have both options listed in the recipe. And of course, you can use store bought crust as well. I did this time.  I have only put the cinnamon in once. The kids didn't really like it so I haven't done that since, but it does taste good.
One last thing, there were not nearly enough peaches in the one I made, so I think next time, I will do the layers like this: 1/3 of the cream, peach layer, 1/3 of the cream, peach layer, then the last of the cream.




Dreamy Peach Pie – adapted from The Pampered Chef®

6 medium peaches, sliced or 2 large cans of peach slices* (maybe three cans or 10 peaches, if you want 2 layers of peaches)
1 cup cold milk
1 package (3.4oz) vanilla instant pudding
1 container (8oz) whipped topping, thawed  

                   or about 4 cups of whipped cream (beat 2 cups heavy whipping cream with 6 TBSP granulated sugar to yield about  4 3/4 cups. I put it in an empty 8 oz whipped topping tub to check that it was the same volume.)
½ tsp ground cinnamon (optional)    


8 honey graham crackers
3 tbsp sugar
¼ cup butter, melted


Preheat oven to 350. Finely crush graham crackers in plastic bag with rolling pin to yield 1 ¼ cup crumbs. Combine crumbs and sugar in 1 QT bowl. Stir in melted butter. Press into bottom and up sides of 9” pie plate to form crust. Bake 10 minutes. Cool Completely.

In 1 quart bowl, whisk pudding into milk. Stir until mixture begins to thicken. Fold into whipped topping. Spread about 1/3 of pudding mixture onto bottom of crust. Top with half the peach slices and sprinkle with half the cinnamon; repeat. Top with remaining pudding mixture. Chill at least 4 hours. To serve, slice into wedges.

*You may want to slice the canned slices a little thinner.

Fill crust with 1/3 of pudding/cream mixture

Top with desired amount of sliced peaches

Top with remaining pudding/cream mixture and refrigerate


2 comments:

  1. YUM YUM YUM. My math son loves Pi day we all think hes mad.

    ReplyDelete