About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

WIP Wednesday

I have been busy finishing up a stack of Stay Put Kitchen Towels and I just have 2 left to put ribbons on.
2 of them are for a birthday gift today. These are a great way to use up larger scraps. I don't put the 3rd strip of fabric on since the bar-mops I use are relatively small and the cotton is not terribly absorbent. It leaves plenty of drying room and they look fine with just one line of cute fabric showing.

Ribbon-less Stay Put Kitchen Towels


I also made one of these sweet little fabric heart bookmarks that Karen showed how to make on her blog, Sew Many Ways. The are pretty easy and it is a cool little project. I need some practice on the curves and I think I might add some interfacing if I make these again, but I think it made a cute addition to the birthday gift.

The front of the bookmark.

The back of the bookmark.
I will be putting some more time in on my table topper as soon as the towels are done, as well as a few small items that I need to make for gifts.

 I will leave my sum-up for next week.


Visit Lee at Freshly Pieced for more Works In Progress!

9 comments:

  1. Cute towels.
    I love your bookmark. I keep seeing them and want to make myself some, but you know how that goes. Projects for yourself generally get put off, at least in my house ! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. all those towels look fantastic! I have more of these on my list too but I never want to stop quilting to do them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute towels! And that bookmark is so clever! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff! Both of these would be good for gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are all awesome projects. I really need to make some of those bookmarks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, those are both great projects! Thank you for sharing these with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, I love those towels! You know, my b-day was a couple of weeks ago and my kitchen is a red and green apple theme ;)

    ReplyDelete