About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

WIP Wednesday

Visit Lee's Freshly Pieced blog for more WIP fun!


I have been quilt busy sewing this last week, mostly finishing up the baby quilt. I put it in the mail yesterday. As soon as I know she has it I will post pictures.
I have also been working on making more Stay Put Kitchen towels, both for me and for gifts.

The Table topper has been languishing in a basket but I will be pulling it out this week to put some more layers on the blocks.
Here is one of the log cabins that needs the last round of fabric.



I made a book cover for my church manual, a sort of experiment, that I need to do again, because it was a little too small.

My husband and I have been watching back seasons of Monk and Psych in the evenings, so I have been working on hand quilting the In-Spur-Ation quilt from way back when. I have just 2 blocks left. Well 3 actually, since I need to rip out the terrible machine quilting I started out with. My stitches are inconsistent and very large but it gives it a very rustic look. This may be the only quilt I hand quilt. I am going to love it though. It is backed in a super soft flannel and it has been so cozy underneath it while I quilt!




WIP Summary for the week:


Completed tops hangin’ out:
Sliced Coins
Neutral Mediterranean

In Progress:
Dishtowels
Table topper to put under my TV.
1 special doll quilt
4 vintage sheet doll quilts
Hand quilting on the In-Spur-Ation quilt (only 3 blocks left!)
Book cover



No progress in 30+ days (UFOs):
Advent Calendar
Tree Skirt
Cherry Sweet Road to Ireland – quilted & needs to be bound
Sherbet – quilted & needs to be bound
Bliss – Needs borders
Block of the Month - sashing et al.
Hot Wheels - finish the plan find the black fabric
Skill Builder QA - Put on long term hold. I just don't have time for it right now. I think I will catch up my WIPS before I start again.
MOTP QA - sashing
SuperNova - make more than 1 block!
Very Hungry Caterpillar

+ a few more...

Need to start:
2 Sliced coins
T-shirt quilt
Zipper pouches

This month's stats:
Completed projects -
Fox Trails baby quilt
Stockings (last month)
2 burp cloths
3 dish towels
1 book cover test

6 comments:

  1. you are very busyllland things are looking wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. The In-Spur-Ation quilt is very pretty! How ambitious of you to hand-quilt it, I'm impressed. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the log cabin block, the fabric choices are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your log cabin - beautiful colors! One of my favorite thinks about hand sewing on a quilt is that I get to cozy up under it...just plain happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fabrics you're using for your table topper. That log cabin block is gorgeous! Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a big list you are working on! I'd love to see your stay put towels. Love the fav=brics in the log cabin.

    ReplyDelete