About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Friday, January 6, 2012

This and that

Blogging of late has been lacking, mostly due to the computer being down for upgrades.

I have been sewing a fair amount, but I can't post pictures yet for 2 reasons, one is that I have been working on that baby quilt that is a gift and I don't want to spoil the surprise. The other reason is that I have to figure out how to use my Photoshop Elements 9. I was using 3 or some such ancient piece of software and it is no longer on my computer. Ah, the pain of progress!

Anyway, the baby quilt has a back and got (hair)spray basted, and I started quilting it. I had quilted around the 6 blocks and was so happy to have gotten that far. I turned it over to check for tangles and found that the back had shifted all over the place. I had to unpick it all. I re-basted with more hairspray and a few pins for good measure and then invested in a walking foot. I have not yet put it under the needle again.

Instead of working on the baby quilt, I made some Stay Put Kitchen towels using the tute at  Pin. Sew. Press. and I LOVE THEM! I went to Target and got some more bar mops yesterday to make more.
I may make some for my mom and sisters just for fun. It's a great way to use up scraps.

I also finally started on my table topper to go under our T.V.. I am using the Juicy Blossoms fat quarter stack that I won from Debbie at A Quilter's Table. I am creating as I go with this project which has been fun, scary, frustrating and fun! I am almost done with the top. I just have some borders to add to blocks and then sew the rows together.
I will be using this to practice my free motion quilting on before I attempt the baby quilt again.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment