About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Basic Pancakes/Waffles

This recipe is from Cooking for Two cookbook that my mom had in the kitchen when we were growing up. The recipe did not call for oil when you made it for pancakes, but I didn't think it hurt to leave it in. It doesn't seem to affect the pancakes and we make waffles and pancakes at the same time since I have some who prefer pancakes and some who prefer waffles. I also add a touch more milk to mine when I make pancakes because I like them thin rather than thick and fluffy. Also to keep them fluffier, keep the mixing to a minimum. It should be somewhat lumpy batter. I mix it quite a bit to get thinner pancakes. :) I'm weird that way. Last thing, I have to triple this recipe to feed all 6 of us, generally, unless I make eggs or hash browns on the side. I freeze any leftovers for the kids to toast the next morning.

Pancakes/Waffles

2/3 cup flour
1 ½ tsp sugar
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt

1 egg
½ cup milk
1 tbsp oil

Preheat griddle to 300 degrees.
Mix dry ingredients. Add egg, milk and oil. Mix just until everything is wet. Some lumps are fine. Pour 1/3 cup per pancake onto griddle. When bubbles start to pop, check for a light golden brown color on the bottom. Flip to cook the other side.

For waffles, preheat waffle iron, pour the amount called for with your waffle iron and cook to desired crispness.


No comments:

Post a Comment