About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

The baby quilt

My friend received her quilt yesterday in the mail so I can share the quilt with you now.
The fabric is Fox Trails by Doohikey Designs for Riley Blake Designs.  I used Sugar Baby the Moda Bake Shop project from Jamie Mueller (jamiemueller.blogspot.com) of Sunflower Seeds.

I made a couple of changes to the pattern, just by turning some of the blocks sideways and widening the sashing to make the quilt a touch bigger. The only thing I don't like is that it is kind of long and narrow, so I don't know how it will work for use. I put it on my little girl's toddler bed and it didn't fit very well. I hope it is not a problem.


I used the fun all over print (tossed characters I think) in brown. I loved the pictures on it.
I did a pieced strip towards the bottom to add in the quilt label. For the label, I printed out the words, taped them to a window and traced them onto the fabric with the brown Pigma Micron pen. I heat set it with a dry iron. It faded a bit when I washed the quilt, but it should be fine.
The binding is leftover strips from the jelly roll. It is wider on the front than I like, so in the future I will stick with a 2 1/4 inch binding. I used the Elmer's School Glue method of binding again and it is totally machine bound with the finish being a loose zigzag stitch.




 I had some leftover fabric so I made a couple of burp cloths to match. I didn't do anything fancy, just sewed strips of fabric to the burp cloths.


You can see the cute little baby with his new quilt here, if you are interested.

2 comments:

  1. The baby quilt has come up just lovely...wonderful fabrics. I do all my binding with the elmers school glue, don't now how i coped before

    ReplyDelete