About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Friday, December 16, 2011

Treats for today: Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Krispies Cookies

Pin It



I have shared this recipe before, but I made these for my husband last night so I thought I would re-post for newer followers and with a recipe card.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Krispies Cookies
Recipe found at myplumpudding.blogspot.com
* I  measure everything ahead and have it set out to make the process quick and easy.

1 cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup


Combine in large pot and heat until just beginning to boil. (Really, just as you detect a simmer. Cooking too long makes them hard and way too chewy). Remove from heat and add:

1 cup peanut butter
4-5 cups Rice Krispies cereal (I like about 4 1/2 cups)


Stir gently to combine. Spread into 9x13 pan. (I use my cookie sheet for thinner bars. We found the thick ones harder to bite into.)
Melt and stir:

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips


Spread over Rice Krispies mixture. Cool at room temp or in refrigerator.


Digital Elements, Jeni Hopewell

1 comment: