About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Here we come a wassailing!

I am reposting this because I am cold and it sounds oh so yummy! Will you make some wassail to warm me up? :)




Wassail (half recipe)
In a large pot mix:
1 qt. Water
1 ½ cups plus 1/3 cup sugar (stir until dissolved)
5 cinnamon sticks


Bundle in cheesecloth:
1 large ginger root
5 whole allspice
12 whole cloves


Gently simmer these in mixture for 1 hour.

Add:
21 oz orange juice (about 2 2/3 cup)
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 gallon apple juice (8 cups)


Simmer at least one hour. Remove the cloth bundle before serving. Serve warm.



Digital kits by Crystal Wilkerson


1 comment: