About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Gifts, etc.

The last 72 hours have been jam packed with crafting. First came teacher gifts. The other day over on Ladybird Ln., Carlee posted a free printable of a sweet story, so I used that, made some simple mitten ornaments to put a gift card in and added a note from us. There was only a minor glitch in that the bookstore I was getting the gift cards from doesn't do cards, they do certificates which did not fit in the mitten. Oh well. :)
It looked a little clumsy, but they all liked them.
I got to practice my (I think) blanket stitch to embellish the mittens. I didn't do too badly.


Next was the baby blanket for a gal at church. I did my usual over-sized flannel receiving blanket, using the 30x30 receiving blankets from Target. It took 5, so I had to supplement with leftovers from past blankets.




I love those ladybugs!


And last, I made poptop surprise cans for the ladies I visit teach. (I noticed in the tutorial I left out doing the top covers. Sorry! I will go fix it soon.)



They were filled with these goodies.



Also, today I received the jewlery I won from GoodieJar. That was FAST! Here is the one my daughter chose. She loves it!







1 comment:

  1. I love that little blanket and the mittens and can of goodies are very cute! Your daughter looks beautiful wearing the necklace!

    ReplyDelete