About this blog

I am Amy, but here on the web I go by A.J. Dub. And hey, I like to craft!
Sometimes things turn out well so I will share with you how I did it.
Sometimes they don't turn out well and I will share that with you too!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Work in Progress Wednesday: A Sneaky Peeky and some finishes.

It's WIP Wednesday again! After you check out my projects, head over to Lee's to get some great inspiration!
 


The main thing I have in progress right now is a baby quilt for one of my best friends. I debated about how to go about sharing this project since the recipient reads my blog, and I would like to keep it a surprise to some extent. She knows she is getting a quilt, but I don't want to share much more than that.
I decided to go with the picture of how I last left the project. You can see a tiny bit but really, it gives very little clue as to what it is. I have 2 seams in each block done. (The file folders are cast offs, thus the odd mismatched labeling. These are awesome for storing block pieces, if you have somewhere flat to keep them.)





I was also able to cross 2 projects off my WIP list! Yay!
First are the 2 tooth fairy pillows I started that needed to be stuffed and stitched up. I even got the blue one mailed off. The other one is just going to hang out in the gift box.
I used the tutorial on Sew Mama Sew to make these.




The other finish was the pillow sham I was making to match Littlest Miss's quilt from her Grandma.



Boy did it feel good to finish this! It was pretty easy to finish off, once I thought it through and jumped in.
I may share more about this later.

Completed tops hangin’ out:
Sliced Coins
Neutral Mediterranean

Need to start:
1 special doll quilt (urgent, Christmas gift)

In Progress
4 vintage sheet doll quilts
1 baby quilt

No progress in 30+ days (UFOs):
1 special doll quilt
Advent Calendar
Stockings
Tree Skirt
Cherry Sweet Road to Ireland – quilted & needs to be bound
Sherbet – quilted & needs to be bound
Bliss – Needs borders
Block of the Month
Hot Wheels - finish the plan find the black fabric
Skill Builder QA - catch up, way behind!
MOTP QA - sashing
SuperNova - make more than 1 block!
+ a few more...

This month's stats:
Completed projects -
1 pillow sham
2 burp cloths
2 tooth fairy pillows

New projects to start - 2
1 special doll quilt
Table topper to put under my TV.




7 comments:

  1. Well done on your finishes, it feels so great to see something complete. Love the tooth fairy cushions so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice....little Miss's pillow is just too cute....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabrics in that pillow! I look forward to seeing the project hiding in the folders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pillows. I don't need to make one for a couple years yet, but everytime I see someone make them I itch to make one for my son! Toothfairy is hip now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrew LOVES his tooth pillow, although I have a feeling he won't be able to use it for a while! It's hanging on the edge of his bed and he is so proud of it. You are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The toothfairy pillows are too cute!
    Your pillow looks great too.

    ReplyDelete